Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Intro

After a long layoff from collecting, I'm back in the game. I want to collect, and flip, some hockey cards. Eventually I'll get into sports cards from the other three major sports. But hockey first and foremost. Why hockey? Well, because if it doesn't work, I won't mind holding onto my "inventory," because I like hockey cards, and hockey in general.
So enough of that stuff. I'm sure you're wondering how I'm going to do it. It's kind of a fly by the seat of your pants deal. A not-so-well-thought-out business plan consisting of buying single cards with a Beckett value of $15, or more, and boxes on eBay and "flipping" them for a few more bucks on COMC, a Facebook Fan Page, or one of the many message boards I frequent for not too much more than what I paid. I'm only looking to make $2.50 on each card, give or take a buck or two. That makes this more of a long-term grind to make money. But sometimes that's what it takes.
I won't lie. It's not going well after the first month. Still waiting for that first sale. But, I'm sure it'll pick up, and if not, I don't mind hanging on to the cards that I've put up.
Let me know what you think. Am I crazy or am I on to something here?

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the club, and thanks for following my Autograph and Custom card blogs. Please also check out "Puck Junk", my 3rd hockey blog:

    http://puckjunk.blogspot.com

    Best of luck,

    Sal

    ReplyDelete