Sunday, November 29, 2009

2009 Goodwin Champions Pack Break

For a $3.00 pack that I picked up at Wal-mart while waiting in line, it sure delivered. I don't expect much from the retail stuff, except hot the cards feel in my hand. These feel pretty good, and I was able to get some value out of the pack too. Here's what I got.

Daisuke Matsuzaka-A fantasy favorite of mine, although I dropped him at the beginning of last season because he pretty much sucked.



Chien-Ming Wang-I like the Yankee Stadium Inaugural Season badge. Really helps you notice that instead of Wang's butt sticking in your face.



Gary Sheffield-It's always nice to have a Sheffield in your back pocket.



Gordie Howe-Mini. Obviously, my favorite card of the pack. Nice lithographed image of Howe. I almost dropped this card on the floor when I opened the pack. I wasn't expecting to get anything good, but here it was/is. And what do you know, it's the first hockey card in the blog.



Overall I liked the way the cards feel in my hand. They came out of the pack flat. No warping at all unlike cards with a gloss a la Bowman Chrome, which I also picked up, but didn't get anything worth mentioning out of. Only the Howe is available through my fan page, but the others can be had by making me an offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment